Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- ½ cup sweet onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Peel and pit the avocados; then, using a spoon, scoop out the avocado.
- In a small bowl, coarsely mash the avocado and lime juice with a fork; add salt and pepper to taste.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to avocado mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on surface of guacamole; refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips, vegetables, or whatever your heart desires.
If desired, try adding ½-1 teaspoon of fresh cilantro.
You can substitute ½ diced jalepeño pepper for the hot pepper sauce. But if you do use jalepeño peppers, be sure to seed them so the guacamole has just the right amount of bite without being too spicy hot.
Also, any kind of tomatoes can be used, but remove the seeds. Otherwise, your dip will be too wet.
To store guacamole, put a layer of plastic wrap directly on the surface and squeeze the air out, then put another layer of plastic over whatever container you're using. This keeps the guacamole from turning brown. If it does happen to turn brown, skim off the top layer before serving.