Total time: 30 minutes
- ¼ cup margarine
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 (4 oz) cans mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 2 (10¾ oz) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 oz) pasteurized processed cheese food, cut into cubes
- 2 (5 oz) jars sharp pasteurized processed cheese food
- 2 (9 oz) packages frozen cut broccoli, thawed, drained, and cut into small pieces
- ⅔ cup slivered almonds
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 drops hot pepper sauce, to taste
- In a large skillet, melt margarine.
- Add onion and mushrooms; sauté until onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add soup and cheeses; cook until mixture is smooth and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add broccoli, almonds, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
As the dip sits, it thickens slightly, but retains its gooey goodness.
Put a bowl of the dip on the coffee table—it'll keep your guests happily occupied while you finish up in the kitchen. We always provide a serving spoon and small plates so guests can take as much as they want without having to dip into the community bowl.
Store covered in your refrigerator.
Similar posts you might like
Frozen strawberries float atop this sweet and sparkling drink that will imp...
Sometimes we want to treat ourselves to something we usually serve only to ...
Everyone watches the Super Bowl. Even for people like me, who seldom watch ...