Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 1 (16 oz) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 oz) package strawberry Jell-O
- 1 (16 oz) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup pecans, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ginger, optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, optional
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Thoroughly drain pineapple. Save the juice and set the pineapple aside.
- Combine the juice, water, and Jell-O in a saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly, until boiling.
- Remove from heat. Add cranberry sauce. Chill until slightly thick.
- When chilled, using a wire whisk, gently fold in pineapple, sour cream, and pecans. Add remaining ingredients, if desired. Pour into mold.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Serve with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
You can also refrigerate the mixture in individual stemmed sherbet crystal for an über-elegant presentation.
To insure an easy release from the mold, lightly spray an unflavored cooking oil on the mold before adding the ingredients.
For a festive garnish try cranberries, crushed candy canes, or use green-and-red holiday candy or sprinkles with whipped cream. Be careful, though; some candies will bleed into the cream.
Similar posts you might like
Fourth of July is a festive holiday in the U.S. commemorating the formal ad...
When I was growing up, Easter dinner was usually an early afternoon affair....
What could be a more perfect ending to a romantic meal than a beautiful min...
It could be the pinch of brandy that makes this creamy cheesecake extraordi...