Serves: 10 servings
Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
1 cup water
1 (6 oz) package strawberry Jell-O
1 (16 oz) can whole cranberry sauce
1 cup sour cream
½ cup pecans, crushed
¼ teaspoon nutmeg, optional
¼ teaspoon ginger, optional
1 teaspoon lemon rind, optional
Whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Thoroughly drain pineapple. Save the juice and set the pineapple aside.
- Combine the juice, water, and Jell-O in a saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly, until boiling.
- Remove from heat. Add cranberry sauce. Chill until slightly thick.
- When chilled, using a wire whisk, gently fold in pineapple, sour cream, and pecans. Add remaining ingredients, if desired. Pour into mold.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Serve with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
Be sure to pick out stems from the cranberry sauce, if there are any.
You can also refrigerate the mixture in individual stemmed sherbet crystal for an über-elegant presentation.
To insure an easy release from the mold, lightly spray an unflavored cooking oil on the mold before adding the ingredients.
For a festive garnish try cranberries, crushed candy canes, or use green-and-red holiday candy or sprinkles with whipped cream. Be careful, though; some candies will bleed into the cream.
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 291
Similar posts you might like
Frozen strawberries float atop this sweet and sparkling drink that will imp...
Gathering family and friends together is one of the greatest joys of the ho...
One holiday tradition that never gets old is baking Christmas cookies and t...
Trimming the tree is one of our favorite Christmas traditions.