Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 1 (16 oz) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 oz) package strawberry Jell-O
- 1 (16 oz) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup pecans, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ginger, optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, optional
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Thoroughly drain pineapple. Save the juice and set the pineapple aside.
- Combine the juice, water, and Jell-O in a saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly, until boiling.
- Remove from heat. Add cranberry sauce. Chill until slightly thick.
- When chilled, using a wire whisk, gently fold in pineapple, sour cream, and pecans. Add remaining ingredients, if desired. Pour into mold.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Serve with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
You can also refrigerate the mixture in individual stemmed sherbet crystal for an über-elegant presentation.
To insure an easy release from the mold, lightly spray an unflavored cooking oil on the mold before adding the ingredients.
For a festive garnish try cranberries, crushed candy canes, or use green-and-red holiday candy or sprinkles with whipped cream. Be careful, though; some candies will bleed into the cream.
Similar posts you might like
Everyone watches the Super Bowl. Even for people like me, who seldom watch ...
Let's eat, drink, and give thanks for all the pumpkin treats.
A savory, spiced pumpkin roll with sweet cream cheese filling is a holiday ...
Trimming the tree is one of our favorite Christmas traditions.