Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 1 (16 oz) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 oz) package strawberry Jell-O
- 1 (16 oz) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup pecans, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ginger, optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, optional
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Thoroughly drain pineapple. Save the juice and set the pineapple aside.
- Combine the juice, water, and Jell-O in a saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly, until boiling.
- Remove from heat. Add cranberry sauce. Chill until slightly thick.
- When chilled, using a wire whisk, gently fold in pineapple, sour cream, and pecans. Add remaining ingredients, if desired. Pour into mold.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Serve with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
You can also refrigerate the mixture in individual stemmed sherbet crystal for an über-elegant presentation.
To insure an easy release from the mold, lightly spray an unflavored cooking oil on the mold before adding the ingredients.
For a festive garnish try cranberries, crushed candy canes, or use green-and-red holiday candy or sprinkles with whipped cream. Be careful, though; some candies will bleed into the cream.
Similar posts you might like
One holiday tradition that never gets old is baking Christmas cookies and t...
When I was growing up, Easter dinner was usually an early afternoon affair....
Topped with Cool Whip, maple syrup, and chopped walnuts, this scrumptious c...
Trimming the tree is one of our favorite Christmas traditions.