Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 pounds beef chuck blade roast
or family-size London broil, 2-inches thick
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced (or ½-1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Trim fat on meat, if any. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, cloves, and pepper; mix well. Place roast in 12x8-inch (2-quart) baking dish. Pour marinade over roast. Cover dish. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight, turning once or twice.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place marinaded roast on aluminum foil in shallow pan. Roll edges of foil up to catch marinade. Pour excess marinade over roast.
- Bake for 1¼ hours, or until done as desired, turning once and basting with marinade drippings.
- Serve thinly sliced on serving dish; pour marinade drippings over slices.
The marinade is yummy on chicken and pork, too.