Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ tablespoons Dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 ounce Kahlúa coffee liqueur
- Whipped cream and mini marshmallows
- Chocolate syrup
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg over medium heat until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Kahlúa.
- Serve immediately, topped with whipped cream and mini marshmallows and drizzled with chocolate syrup.
Recipe is adapted from Damn Delicious. I added whipped cream. You can also drizzle with salted caramel, if desired.
There are dozens of amazing ways to spike your hot chocolate. I've added a few favorite recipes below.
Stay Warm with Boozy Hot Chocolate
Top photo: Sara Winter.