Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 (3 oz) package strawberry Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (6 oz) cans frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (6 oz) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 6 cups cold water
- 3 cups ginger ale, chilled
- 1 (10 oz) bag frozen strawberries
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool (about 30 minutes).
- In a large punch bowl, combine gelatin mixture, lemonade concentrate, orange juice concentrate, and cold water; keep cool.
- Just before serving, gently stir in ginger ale and frozen strawberries.
If you prefer fresh strawberries: Wash and pat them dry . . . arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet . . . and freeze until firm. I take the easy way out and use a bag of frozen strawberries. Honestly, no one notices the difference.
Do yourself a favor . . . make an extra batch of the gelatin/lemonade/ orange juice mixture, and store it in a pitcher in your fridge. Then, when you start running low on punch at the party, all you have to do is refill the punch bowl with the mixture, add ginger ale and strawberries, and you’re good to go.
For an elegant touch, serve in stemware and garnish with fresh strawberries and ribbons of lime rind.
The recipe is non-alcoholic for those who say “no” to liquor. You can add a bit of rum or pink champagne for a subtle, fun kick. Be careful, though; don’t add too much . . . the punch is easy to drink, and the liquor will sneak up on you. Also, remember two things: (1) Add alcohol, you add calories, and (2) Skip the liquor if your guests are underage.
One summer day, back in the 80′s, my friends and I were sitting around sipping wine coolers, which was something we liked to do, and someone, probably me, said: “We’ve been spiking punch for years . . . why didn’t we ever think to bottle it?” Such a simple idea . . . would have made us rich.
Similar posts you might like
One holiday tradition that never gets old is baking Christmas cookies and t...
Everyone watches the Super Bowl. Even for people like me, who seldom watch ...
Perfect for the holidays, this light and luscious dessert is easy to make a...
It's thick. It's delicious. It's like drinking a pumpkin milkshake.