Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 large onion, grated
- Seasonings – salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 bag sauerkraut, rinsed
- 1 cup ham, coarsely chunked
- 1 cup ham
- 2 (16 oz) cans tomato soup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using hands, combine rice, ground beef, ground pork, eggs, onion, and seasonings until well blended.
- Parboil cabbage, breaking off 12 leafs as they come loose. Coarsely chunk remaining cabbage.
- Tightly wrap double handful rice/meat mixture in each leaf and place in roaster.
- Add chunked cabbage, sauerkraut, ham, and water.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 1½ - 2 hours.
- When almost done, pour tomato soup over cabbage rolls.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
Similar posts you might like
This sausage and sauerkraut dish is a holiday tradition my mom always serve...
When I was growing up, Easter dinner was usually an early afternoon affair....
New Year's resolutions come and go. But the voice inside your head, tel...
While I love the optimism of New Year’s resolutions, enthusiasm and hope of...