Serves: 12 rolls
Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
1½ lbs ground beef
½ lb ground pork
1 large onion, grated
Seasonings – salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
1 head cabbage
1 bag sauerkraut, rinsed
1 cup ham, coarsely chunked
1 cup ham
2 (16 oz) cans tomato soup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using hands, combine rice, ground beef, ground pork, eggs, onion, and seasonings until well blended.
- Parboil cabbage, breaking off 12 leafs as they come loose. Coarsely chunk remaining cabbage.
- Tightly wrap double handful rice/meat mixture in each leaf and place in roaster.
- Add chunked cabbage, sauerkraut, ham, and water.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 1½ – 2 hours.
- When almost done, pour tomato soup over cabbage rolls.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
Serving size: 1 rollCalories: 364
Similar posts you might like
There’s no denying—chili is perfect with football. This chunky chili is a c...
When I was growing up, Easter dinner was usually an early afternoon affair....
While I love the optimism of New Year’s resolutions, enthusiasm and hope of...
This sausage and sauerkraut dish is a holiday tradition my mom always serve...