Total time: 5 hours 5 minutes
- 2½ lbs boneless pork chops
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 cloves minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Black pepper, to taste
- Put pork chops in the crock-pot.
- With a wire whisk, mix together soy sauce, ketchup, light brown sugar, garlic, and black pepper.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the meat.
- Cook on LOW for about 5 hours, or until the meat is tender and moist.
Cooking in the crock-pot, the pork chops come out fork-tender every time. There's not much you can do to ruin them. The first time I made this recipe, I overcooked by almost 2 hours . . . and the meat was still tender and moist.
If you prefer a variation—less sweet, more tangy sauce—substitute the light brown sugar with granulated sugar.