Serves: 28 servings
Total time: 30 minutes
½ cup chopped onion
2 (4 oz) cans mushroom pieces and stems, drained
2 (10¾ oz) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (8 oz) pasteurized processed cheese food, cut into cubes
2 (5 oz) jars sharp pasteurized processed cheese food
2 (9 oz) packages frozen cut broccoli, thawed, drained, and cut into small pieces
⅔ cup slivered almonds
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3-4 drops hot pepper sauce, to taste
- In a large skillet, melt margarine.
- Add onion and mushrooms; sauté until onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add soup and cheeses; cook until mixture is smooth and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add broccoli, almonds, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
You can make this dip beforehand and freeze it. Thaw slightly; reheat and serve. Tastes great every time!
As the dip sits, it thickens slightly, but retains its gooey goodness.
Put a bowl of the dip on the coffee table—it’ll keep your guests happily occupied while you finish up in the kitchen. We always provide a serving spoon and small plates so guests can take as much as they want without having to dip into the community bowl.
Store covered in your refrigerator.
Serving size: ¼ cupCalories: 137