Serves: 8 servings
Total time: 7 hours 15 minutes
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 (10 oz) cans roasted garlic cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup flour (all purpose or gluten-free blend)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-low heat until some of the fat is rendered. Be sure bacon is still pliable and not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each boneless chicken breast and place in a 4-5 quart crock-pot.
- In medium bowl, combine condensed soup, sour cream, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix with wire whisk to blend. Pour over chicken.
- Cover crock-pot and cook on low for about 7 hours until chicken and bacon are thoroughly cooked. Internal temp for the chicken should be 160-170°F.
- Serve warm over bread, rice, couscous, wide egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.
I pre-cook the bacon just a bit to reduce the fat. If you prefer, you can wrap the raw bacon around the chicken and cook it directly in the crock-pot. If you do, add another ¼ cup of flour to the soup mixture.
For variations, substitute the chicken with pork chops or use any other condensed creamy soup for the sauce base.
The chicken will break apart when you try to remove it. If it’s your intention to have a nice presentation with a whole chicken breast on the plate, use a spatula and transfer the meat carefully.
I generally remove each breast carefully so I can control the portions; then I cut or break apart the breast, serve over bread, rice, or whatever, and drizzle with gravy.
Just before serving, you might want to mix the sauce with a wire whisk so it’s well-blended. The sauce is delicious and makes a good gravy to drizzle over the dish.
Serving size: 1 chicken breastCalories: 464
Similar posts you might like
Mamma Mia . . . this is good spaghetti. Super cheesy and flavorful, it ser...
Oh, the melt-in-your-mouth goodness when crock-pot pork meets soy sauce and...
A simple, easy-to-make crock-pot casserole that is so-o-o-o good, it's sure...
Share Your Thoughts