Serves: 10 servings
Total time: 1 hour
1 cup white sugar
⅔ cup pumpkin puree
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
Confectioners sugar for dusting
8 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup confectioners sugar
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with waxed paper or parchment paper. Grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add ½ cup sugar and pumpkin, beating on high until sugar is almost dissolved.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk/pumpkin mixture.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gently fold into egg yolk/pumpkin mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Unroll cake; spread filling evenly to within ½ inch of edges. Roll up again.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. If desired, dust with confectioners sugar before serving.
The cake can be frozen for up to 3 months, so you can make it well beforehand.
Serving size: 1 sliceCalories: 281